MF/HF SSB Radio Telephone Long Range Communications
- Distress Button for Emergencies
The IC-M804 meets ITU-R M.493-15 and ETSI EN 300 338-4 Class E DSC regulations. In an emergency, by pressing the large independent Distress button, a digital Distress signal is sent with GNSS coordinates and calls for help to other ships or coast stations.
- Built-in DSC Watch-Keeping Receiver
The dedicated DSC watch-keeping receiver continuously scans the six distress channels in rotation. A total of 100 MMSI numbers (75 Individual and 25 Group) for DSC calls can be stored with a 10-character ID name.
- Intuitive User Interface
The combination of the directional keypad and soft keys provides simple operation. The most common functions are assigned to soft keys (at the bottom of the display) for quick push function access. The large ten-key pad enables you to smoothly enter channel numbers, MMSI numbers with ID names and so on.
- 4.3 inch Wide Viewing Angle Colour TFT Display
A high-resolution colour LCD provides an almost 180 degree very wide viewing angle and displays characters and function icons clearly. The night mode display ensures good readability in the dark for further convenience.
- Two Minutes Instant Replay Memory
The Instant Replay function automatically records the last 2 minutes of received audio. You can playback the received audio that you could not hear clearly, and will not miss any incoming call.
- Meets Strict Environmental Requirements
The IC-M804 has passed rigorous environmental testing and quality assurance processes. It is designed to provide reliable operation and corrosion resistant durability under harsh maritime environments. The controller has IPX7 protection (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes).
- Integrated GNSS Receiver
The GNSS receiver which includes GPS, GLONASS and SBAS function, is integrated into the IC-M804. Your position data, course, speed and UTC data can be received with a simple connection to the supplied GNSS antenna with a 5 m cable.
- NMEA 2000™, NMEA 0183/-HS Connectivity
Using NMEA 2000™ connectivity, the IC-M804 can exchange GNSS, DSC call information, radio information and PGN list data on the network. NMEA 0183/-HS GNSS position data can also be converted to NMEA 2000™ data for other equipment.
- AT-141 Automatic Antenna Tuner
The AT-141 automatic antenna tuner matches all bands to your antenna. If due to a fault the automatic tuner cannot tune the antenna, the IC-M804 bypasses the tuner and will display an alert on the display.
- And more…
- 125 W (PEP) of RF output through AT-141 output power
- 0.5–29.999 MHz continuous receiver coverage
- Advanced RF direct sampling system employed
- 12 or 24 volt DC power source (depending on version)
- Programmable microphone button for quick function access
* Due to the special nature of HF Marine Radio's, Icom recommend the use of specialist marine dealers.
Please contact Icom for a referral, 03 9549 7500 or [email protected]