IP730D (LTE + VHF)
IP740D (LTE + UHF)
Hybrid Handheld IP Radio for Local & Nationwide Communications
- Innovative LTE Radios with Licensed Professional Radio Mode for Increased Capacity and Coverage
The IP730D and IP740D are dual mode “hybrid” radios that provide nationwide coverage over LTE networks and conventional VHF/UHF professional radio mode (IDAS™ digital/analog mode).
- Dual Mode
The IP730D series can receive both communications from an LTE radio group and IDAS™ (or analog) group at a time (audio mixed). You can press either the main PTT for LTE or the sub PTT button for IDAS™ or analog channel to answer in accordance with pre-programming. If necessary, you can press the main and sub PTT buttons to address two groups at the same time.
- Bridge Function
The Bridge function* relays received IDAS™ digital audio to the LTE radio group, while transferring the LTE radio conversations to the IDAS™ group. This function is useful when communicating outside of the LTE service coverage area with an IDAS™ radio, or temporary cross band connection between two IDAS™ radio groups using different frequencies or channels. (Not available in Analog mode). * When using the Bridge function, operating time will be shorter and output power of the IP730D/IP740D is reduced to 1 W.
- LTE Mode
LTE mode provides secure private push-to-talk communication over an LTE (4G) and 3G network*. The cellular network provides coverage into building basements or high-rise floors where conventional radio systems may not reach. * Network coverage provided by a custom SIM card. Service availability depends on the country.
- IDAS™ Mode
IDAS™ digital mode is a conventional VHF/UHF radio mode using licensed professional radio channels. It also provides Individual, Group and All calls with PTT operation. When operating in remote, mountainous areas, 4G/3G networks may not be available. Conventional VHF/UHF communications provide a stable, local alternative.
- Sub PTT Button for Dual Mode Operation
The IP730D series has two PTT buttons; the main PTT button and the sub PTT button. You can use one for LTE communication and the other for an IDAS™/Analog channel. The sub PTT button offers smooth switching between talking on LTE and IDAS™/Analog channels.
- Simultaneous TalkListen Function in LTE Mode
The Simultaneous TalkListen function provides full-duplex one-to-many communication in LTE mode which users can talk and receive at the same time like a telephone style conversation.
- 1500 mW Powerful Audio
Icom’s custom high-power capacity speaker delivers a loud 1500 mW* audio output with improved acoustic sound clarity for noisy environments. * Typical at 10% distortion.
- Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
Built-in Bluetooth® capability provides wireless operation with a Bluetooth accessory. The optional Bluetooth® headset, VS-3 has PTT and programmable buttons.
- GPS Data Transmission Capability
The IP730D series has a built-in GPS receiver that can automatically transmit position data at programmed intervals*. (LTE mode only) * GPS mapping software is required separately.
- IP67 Waterproof and Dust-Tight Specification
The IP730D series is durable enough to endure water pressure under 1- meter depth for 30 minutes, and has dust-tight protection. The radio meets MIL-STD-810 specifications.
- Emergency Call Features Specification
By holding down the orange emergency button, you can transmit an emergency call. In addition, the radio has three emergency related functions: Man Down, Lone Worker and Motion/Stationary Detection functions. If one of these functions is activated, the radio automatically transmits emergency signals to alert your controller or dispatcher of any potential trouble. (Common to LTE and IDAS™ mode)
- Digital Voice Recording/Playback
The IP730D series can record incoming calls of up to 4 minutes, or a maximum of 10 messages, and the user can check recorded communications.
- Other Features General Features
- 136 – 174, 350 – 470, 400 – 520 MHz versions
- 128 Channels/8 Zones
- Rotary encoder with channel announcement function*1
- DTMF code transmission with optional DTMF microphone, HM-245T*2
- Vibration alert function
- Surveillance function
- AquaQuake™ function prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker IDAS™ Operating Mode
- NXDN™ conventional
- NXDN™ multi-site conventional over IP network
- IDAS™ digital simulcast IDAS™ Digital Functions
- Over-the-Air Programming (OTAP) function updates the radio configuration over the LTE
- Over-the-Air Alias (OAA)*1 displays the caller’s name without programming
- Up to 500 ID numbers for IDAS™ mode can be saved in the Call List to show the alias name
- Individual, Group and All calls
- Digital voice scrambler (15-bit encryption)
- Talk back Analog Functions
- CTCSS and DTCS
- 12.5 kHz channel spacing
*1 These functions will be available with future firmware upgrades.
*2 DTMF microphone, HM-245T will be available later.